In our Online Learning Community (OLC) programs you and your co-learners form a vibrant learning community by traveling through the degree program together as a close-knit cohort. Your cohort forms connections by engaging in online dialogue and face-to-face connecting during gatherings in Portland, Oregon. Each fall and spring semester the seminary hosts its symposium, a dialogical event around professors’ areas of interest.
What Makes it Unique
- Enjoy a degree program delivered in a format flexible enough to fit your lifestyle
- Embrace a robust academic experience without leaving your current ministry context
- Build close-knit community with your co-learners both online and in person
Plan your Schedule
- Courses run 15 weeks and include online discussions, readings, postings, and chats, among other activities.
- Meet face-to-face on campus at the Portland Center from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (with an hour-and-a-half lunch) for a minimum of three days and up to one week during fall and spring semesters.
- Summer courses are offered as online or hybrid courses.
- The Master of Divinity is a part-time degree program with an expected completion time of four years.
- Face-to-Face Times
- Fall: Mid-October
- Spring: Mid-February
- Summer: Late May or early June
- George Fox Evangelical Seminary
- About the Seminary
- Master of Divinity (MDiv)
- MA, Intercultural Studies
- MA, Ministry Leadership
- MA, Spiritual Formation
- MA, Theological Studies
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin)
- Partners in Ministry Certificate
- Spiritual Formation Certificate, Portland
- Christian Earthkeeping Concentration
- Chaplaincy Concentration
- Other Concentrations
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Us