At a Glance:
Master of Divinity
|Average Completion Time||4 years|
|Cost per credit||$486* (financial aid available)|
|Accreditation||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities;
Association of Theological Schools
|Location||Portland Center (near Tigard), with online and local format options
|Concentrations||Biblical Studies; Chaplaincy Studies; Christian Earthkeeping; Christian History and Theology; Pastoral Studies; Spiritual Formation and Discipleship|
|Application Deadlines||Rolling application deadline; apply now for next start date|
*All stated financial information is subject to change.
Online Learning Community
In our Online Learning Community (OLC) programs students form a vibrant learning community by traveling through the degree program with the same group of people. They form connections in cohort by engaging in online dialog and connecting during face-to-face gatherings in Portland, Oregon.
- Study with the same group of peers throughout the program.
- Begin with a three-day on-site orientation event called Threshold that ushers students into their cohort community and introduces the dynamics of the OLC and the systems needed for success in the program.
|Developing intentionality in one's spiritual life by becoming keenly aware of God, self and others while increasing one's ability to live in love as demonstrated by Jesus.||Exploring the intersections of faith, culture and contemporary theological discussions while participating in ongoing theological reflection that is situated in the Bible and church history.||Stewarding one's presence in mutual relationships, while holding the tensions embedded in a hospitable learning community that responds generously and thrives in diversity.||Being attentive to social patterns in our local and global contexts while facilitating connections for strategic action that are rooted in the gospel.|
Plan Your Schedule
Your courses will run 15 weeks and include online discussions, readings, postings, chats, etc. You will meet with your fellow cohort members during face-to-face in-class times on campus at the Portland Center from 8am-5:30pm (1 ½ hour lunch) for one week during fall and spring semesters. Summer courses are offered as online or hybrid courses (with face-to-face). It takes four years to complete the Master of Divinity Online Learning Community degree program for full-time students.
- Fall: mid-October (1 week of class plus travel)
- Spring: mid-February (1 week of class plus travel)
- Summer: Late-May or Early-June (3-7 days plus travel depending on concentration)
Specialize your Degree with Concentrations
Each of our students choose to specialize their MDiv degree with a concentration by focusing their study in a particular subject area. It is in the concentrations that students experience our faculty’s passion and expertise. Two concentrations are offered with the online MDiv program:
- Christian Earthkeeping
- Spiritual Formation and Discipleship
- or 12 credits of General Electives
- George Fox Evangelical Seminary
- About the Seminary
- Master of Divinity (MDiv)
- MA, Intercultural Studies
- MA, Ministry Leadership
- MA, Spiritual Formation
- MA, Theological Studies
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin)
- Partners in Ministry Certificate
- Spiritual Formation Certificate, Portland
- Christian Earthkeeping Concentration
- Chaplaincy Concentration
- Other Concentrations
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Us